- What follows are the Terms and Conditions (also “T&C”) which regulate the providing of the Services from eMemory (also “Company”) to the User
- If User needs to negotiate different T&C, he can request the special Service (see Annex A).
- T&C and Annexes are integral and essential part of the proposal direct from the User to eMemory.
- By doing the Registration, User expresses his will to use the Services, and eMemory can accept at its sole discretion.
According to those T&C, following Definitions are applicable.
- “Account”: set of functionalities and tools provided to the User on the Platform through the Reserved Area
- “Annexes”: documents called Annex A and Annex B, which represent integral and essential part of the Agreement
- “Anomaly”: behaviour, not expected by eMemory, resulting in a functioning limitation for the User and/or the Visitor of the Site, of one o more Site’s and/or Services’ functionalities.
- “Conclusion”: the finalizing of the agreement between the Parties for the provision of one or more Services under the Contract.
- “eMemory Public Group”: section of the Reserved Area of the Site in which Contents with Public Destiny are available.
- “Information and Contact Area”: section of the Site in which eMemory’s contact information are available.
- “Reserved Area”: section of the Site which is exclusively available to the User by using the Credentials.
- “Data Protection Code”: Italian Legislative Decree n. 196/2003 and subsequent amendments and/or additions.
- “Price”: the amount of money the User has pays to use one or more Service(s).
- “Consumer”: individual who acts for non-business, commercial, artisanal of professional purposes.
- “Content” or “Contents”: by way of example, any finite stream of data or information (files or software package), containing text, photographs, video, audio, script, graphics and functionalities, transferred by the User through the Internet, from one device (or a storage area) in its availability to the Reserved Area of the Site, and present on the platform at the time of the Inability Ascertainment.
- “Contract”: the ensemble of T&C, Annexes, and any additional documentation (including laws, regulations and other legal sources) also implicitly invoked.
- “Credentials”: the e-mail address and password that the User uses for Registration and access to the Reserved Area of the Site.
- “Data”: the information sent from the device with which the Visitor of the Site (or the User) browses the Site, and transactions performed (also subject to temporary storage on site), and related information in the User Profile in the Reserved Area.
- “Destiny”: the operation with which eMemory, by executing User’s choices, performs the following operations, alternative between them, on the Contents: I) sharing in the eMemory Public Group ("Public Destiny"); II) shared with one or more Users ("Confidential Destiny"); III) deletion from the platform ("Private Destiny").
- “Rights”: for example (but not limited to), copyrights, image rights and / or personality rights in general, trademark rights, patent and other proprietary rights, rights of privacy protection, rights to the portrait.
- “eMemory” or “Company”: E-VIRDIS s.r.l., based in Torino (Italy), Via Magenta n. 35, Italian Tax Code and VAT n. 10801300012, holder of the domain name ememory.it, and its legal representatives, directors, officers, employees and any agents.
- “Inability”: one of the following events and / or legal situations involving the User: death, disappearance, absence, presumed death, incapacitation, disqualification, administrative support, permanent or temporary incapacity, inactivity on the Reserved Area lasted for more than 6 (six) months.
- “Inability Ascertainment”: the moment since when eMemory, once received documentation about the Notification of the Inability of the User, executes User’s decision about the Destiny of Contents.
- “Service Level Agreement”: the provisions of the Contract that define mode and Time of the Taking Charge of a Report.
- “Connection Modalities”: interfaces (web, software or other) running on certain configurations of some operating systems through which the User can use the Service by connecting to the Reserved Area of the Site through the Internet.
- “Netiquette”: the set of rules governing the behaviour of an Internet user in relating to others through resources like newsgroups, mailing lists, forums, blogs, social networks or email in general. (from https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette).
- “Notification”: the submission by the documentation necessary for the purposes of disability of another User, consistent (without limitation) in: certificate or court order which established the death, disappearance, absence, presumed death, interdiction, incapacitation, administrative support; medical certificate attesting the permanent or temporary disability of a User.
- “Party” or “Parties”: as appropriate, the User, eMemory, one of the two or both.
- “Platform”: eMemory owned product dedicated to the integrated management of families, groups, digital archives (work colleagues, religious communities, supporters) and individual, made available through the ememory.it domain, which hosts the Data and the Contents.
- “Taking Charge”: communication by eMemory, following the receipt of the Report: a) the solution of the Anomaly, or b) of the information useful to the solution of the Anomaly, or c) of the first feedback about the Anomaly and interventions that eMemory plans for the solution
- “Profile”: section of the Reserved Area containing User’s Data
- “Publication”: the action by which eMemory communicates information on the Site, without the implementation of procedures that require the User viewing.
- “Registration”: the operation with which the User, through the use of Credentials, accesses the Reserved Area of the Site for the first time.
- “Revocation”: the action by which eMemory, in its sole discretion, cancel the Registration and / or the Account.
- “Incomplete or Incorrect Report”: an erroneous description of the Anomaly, or a missing description of one or more essential data required by eMemory, in its sole discretion, for the Taking Charge.
- “Report”: the detailed description of the Anomaly detected by the User, complete with all the correct technical information necessary to eMemory to be able to reproduce and manage it correctly.
- “Service” or “Services”: the capabilities and activities, dispensed to the User after the Registration, and described in Annex A.
- “Site”: web pages exposed through ememory.it.
- “Suspension”: the action by which eMemory, at its sole discretion, suspend the Registration and/or the Account.
- “Time of Taking Charge”: lapse of time between the receipt of the Report and the intervention of eMemory.
- “Third Party” or “Third Parties”: any person other than eMemory and/or the User.
- “User”: individual or legal person who enter the Reserved Area after the Registration and conducts operations within the same (for example, the decision on the Destiny of the Content, or insertion, modification or removal of Data).
- “Visitor of the Site”: the individual who uses a device and browses the public pages of the Site through the Internet.
- “Warning”: an information eMemory diffuses on the Site by forcing the User to visualize it through an imposed procedure.
- “Subscription”: one of the sets of Services indicated in Annex A
- According to those T&C, following Definitions are applicable.
Conclusion of the Agreement
- The User provides the Registration by following the procedure available on the Site and, after accepting the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and the Annexes, may use the Services available via the Connection Modalities.
- With the Registration, subject to Revocation in its sole discretion, eMemory undertakes to fulfill its obligations under the Contract.
- With the User Registration is granted the right to use the Services for the duration of the Contract, in a non-exclusive, temporary and non-transferable license.
- The User expressly agrees not to do (and not to authorize others to do) the following operations on the Site or part of it (by way of example: the graphics), including any updates improvements and / or changes: copy (on any media or resource logic), reverse engineering, disassembly, reassembly, attempt to derive the source code, modification, creation of derivative software, concession rent, lease, loan, sell, redistribute, sublicense.
- The User expressly agrees not to do (and not to authorize others to do) the actions mentioned above, also with reference to the accompanying technical documentation and trademarks and trade names.
- Doing of one or more of the above operations constitute breach of Contract and leads to termination of the contract law as well as the User's obligation to pay compensation; this also entails the violation of laws protecting intellectual property copyrights, patents and industrial inventions.
- The ownership arrangements for any software component necessary and/or useful for the Services is specified in the different conditions provided by Third Parties; the User is obliged to accept them, if he intends to use of the full functionality of one or more Services; such conditions do not constitute an element of the Contract.
- eMemory does not claim ownership of the Contents, but the User expressly grants a non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, worldwide and sublicenseable license to eMemory on the Content(s) he shares in the eMemory Public Group.
Duration, Price and methods of payment
- The Agreement has the duration the User chooses between the options provided on the Site.
- Price and terms and methods of payment are indicated on the Site.
- eMemory, at its sole discretion, can contemplate provisioning a free license of use of one or more Service, for a limited time; in this case the User is subjected to all obligations of the Agreement, except the payment of the Price.
The User declares, under its responsibility:
- if an individual, that he has the legal age to enter into a binding contract as required by Italian law, and/or the law of the country in which he is located, and/or the law of the country of residence;
- if a legal person, the individual requesting the Registration has legal representation and has appropriate documentation in this regard;
- to be the owner of all Rights regarding the Contents;
- to be the holder of Rights on the Contents that are compatible with the usage of the Services;
- to have been expressly authorized by the holders of Rights on the Contents to carry out transactions relating to the same, compatible with the use of the Services, and to be in possession of the documentation relating to those licenses;
- to be in possession of the original (or authentic copies) of the certificates sent to eMemory to make a Notification for the purpose of the Inability Ascertainment of an User;
- to have full knowledge of the consequences of decisions about the Destiny of Contents pursuant of this Contracts.
The User acknowledges and accepts:
- that this Agreement prevails over any eventual (oral and/or written) agreement between the Parties and on the information contained in the pages of the Site, if discordant;
- that eMemory will process his Data in accordance to the provisions of Allegato B;
- limitations of warranties and liability for eMemory contained in these T&C;
- that any decision on the Destiny of Contents does not constitute in itself declaration of latest valid and effective will, according to Italian law, and / or the law the country in which he is located, and / or the law of country of residence, or otherwise applicable to such Content;
- that eMemory, by virtue of this Agreement, can not assume any function which may be reserved to other entities by the Italian law, and / or the law of the country in which he is located, and / or the law of the country in which it resides;
- that eMemory can perform on the Content every operation necessary or appropriate for the purposes of their optimal viewing on the Site and in order to optimize storage;
- that he cannot request a new Registration in case of withdraw/termination by eMemory pursuant article 16;
- that the information contained in the Site does not constitute an offer of services but only invitation to provide for the registration;
- if a Consumer, that the T&C comply with the provisions of Articles 49 to 59 of Italian Legislative Decree no. 206/2005 (Consumer Code);
- that the cost of connection to the Internet and those which may be related to Connection Modalities are on his own. 6.3. The Visitor of the Site makes all the statements in this article, except those incompatible with the Registration.
- The Visitor of the Site makes all the statements in this article, except those incompatible with the Registration.
- The User declares, under its responsibility:
With the Registration, User agrees:
- to pay the Price eventually due for the Services;
- not to illegally access or attempt to access, or let Third Parties illegally access, to the Services and the Site using, by way of example, decryption systems, scanning of network resources, login data research, or in any other way that is not the use of the interfaces provided by eMemory;
- not to damage the Site in any way;
not to infringe:
- Internet policies, including the Netiquette;
- these T&C;
- Italian laws, and/or the laws of the country in which it is located, and/or the laws of the country of residence, or otherwise applicable to the activities he carries;
- eMemory’s Rights
- agreements, signed with anyone, incompatible with the use of the Site;
- to keep Credentials secret;
- not con consent access to Third Parties with his own Credentials to the Reserved Area;
not to transmit to the Site Contents:
- which is considered advertising at eMemory’s sole discretion;
- which infringe eMemory’s or Third Parties’ Rights;
- that are misleading, untrue, inaccurate, abusive, discriminatory, that constitute incitement to the commission of offences, defamatory;
- illegal in accordance to Italian laws, and/or the laws of the country in which it is located, and/or the laws of the country of residence, or otherwise applicable to the Contents;
- malicious (viruses, malware, etc.);
- in any way contrary to public order and/or morality.
To communicate to eMemory:
- Data correct and true, and every possible variation of them;
- any loss of confidentiality of the password used to access the Reserved Area;
- any use by Third Parties of their Credentials;
- any breach known to him to the security measures provided for the Services;
- to set a suitably secure and strong password;
- to periodically change the private component of the Credentials (password);
- not to hide or scramble his identity;
- not to make it impossible put in relation to himself or otherwise to falsify the origin of Content and / or communications sent to eMemory or to Third Parties and to whatever extent relevant for the purposes of the Contract;
- does not simulate being eMemory or others;
- not to make unlawful processing of personal data, via the Content and/or otherwise;
- to keep confidential and not disclose to Third Parties, in whole or even in part, the content of the documentation which is expressly prohibited from distribution;
- to provide the widest possible cooperation towards eMemory in promptly and fully respond to any requests from eMemory and/or other Users and/or Third Parties and providing all relevant information, at the sole discretion of eMemory, for the purposes of the execution of the Contract;
- not to yield the Contract to Third Parties.
- The Visitor of the Site is subject to all the obligations referred to in this Article, except those which are incompatible with the Registration.
- With the Registration, User agrees:
- The User responds, relieving and indemnifying eMemory for any action, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, promoted by other Users and/or Third Parties, and seeks to obtain compensation for damages relating to breaches of obligations mentioned in the previous article.
- The Visitor of the Site may be held liable for violations referred to in the previous article, except those incompatible with the Registration.
With the User Registration, eMemory shall:
- provide the Services to the User, in the manner and within the terms specified in the Contract;
- provide the Inability Ascertainment of a User as a result of Notification by another User;
- execute User’s decision about the Destiny of the Contents, in accordance to article 11;
- operate the utmost care in the provision of Services, if compatible with the requirements connected with any scheduled or extraordinary and urgent maintenance;
- inform the User, through a Warning on the Site, about the planned interruptions, whether regarding the totality of Users of one or more Services, as well as about the times for the Taking Charge of the request for the solution of the Anomalies, as well as about the events and/or situations involving eMemory’s activity and/or all of the Users;
- do the Taking Charge of the requests for the solution of the Anomalies in accordance to the Service Level Agreements (article 15);
- inform the User about any changes, additions and/or removal about the provisions of the Contract, as well as adding and/or removing and/or modification of one or more features and/or Services and/or their providing mode, according to article 13;
- make available to the User, through the Reserved Area, a download function for the copy of his Data and Contents in the cases referred to subparagraphs c), d) and e) of article 16.1;
- comply with all requirements of the Data Protection Code, particularly the provisions on data security (Articles 31 and 33 of the Data Protection Code, and the provisions of the Technical Regulations, contained in “Annex B” of the Data Protection Code);
- not to profile the User in order to submit personalized advertising via the Site.
- With the User Registration, eMemory shall:
- use the Site and the Reserved Area to decide the Destiny of the Contents, according to article 11;
- modify his Data and/or delete his Account in the manner indicated in the Reserved Area;
- withdraw from the Contract in accordance with article 16
- submit the Notification of the Inability of another User in accordance with article 12;
- indicate the existence of an Account to one or more User associated to one or more Content(s) selected with Confidential Destiny;
- report to eMemory any Content that infringes the provisions of article 7;
- send a Report of an Anomaly, in accordance with the provisions of article 15;
- download a copy of his Data and Contents through the procedure made available by eMemory in the cases referred to in subparagraphs c), d) ed e) of article 16.1;
- carry out at any time - be given adequate notice of not less than 5 working days, even through Third Parties designated by eMemory, and in any case the presence of representatives of the same, and at its own expense and without prejudice to eMemory - the checks he considers necessary to verify compliance with the commitments resulting from Data Processor Designation Agreement (Annex B).
- The Visitor of the Site has all the faculties provided for in this Article, except for those which are incompatible with the Registration.
- modify, add and/or remove provisions of the Contract, as well as to add and/or remove and/or modify one or more features and/or Services and/or their providing modality, as well as change the Price, in accordance with article 13;
- remove Content from the eMemory Public Group that infringes the provisions of article 7, or in any other way contrary to the eMemory policies, at its sole discretion;
- upon request or direction of Users and/or Third Parties, remove from the Platform the Contents that violate the provisions of article 7, or in any other way contrary to the eMemory policies, at its sole discretion;
- do on the Contents and their organization every operation necessary or appropriate for the optimal viewing on the Site, in order to optimize storage and User experience improvements (i.e. but not limited to, creating previews and low-resolution versions of the images; metadata removal; compression and/or file size reduction; implementation of machine learning algorithms);
- announce the completion of a Inability Ascertainment to the User who submitted the Notification, in accordance to article 12;
- proceed to do Revocation or Suspension of the Registration and/or of the Accout, at its sole discretion;/li>
- terminate the Contract in accordance with article 16;
- Refuse to do a new Registration of a User in case of termination of the Contract in accordance with article 16;
- upon User’s request, submit the invoice for one (or more) paid Service(s);
- make use, in whole or in part, of Third Parties, in the provision of Services and what is related to those (by way of example: hosting companies, employees, consultants).
- User can:
Destiny of Contents
- The User, through the interfaces provided by eMemory in the Reserved Area, chooses a Destiny (Public, Confidential, Private) for each Content.
- The User can choose Public Destiny or Confidential Destiny of a Content, by indicating the initial moment of execution of their choice from a date (even future) or an Inability; in case of Private Destiny, the initial moment of execution of choice can be linked to an Inability only.
eMemory performs the decision:
- of Private Destiny, within 30 (thirty) days from the Inability Ascertainment;
- of Public or Confidential Destiny, from the moment the User indicates.
- If a Content is labeled with Confidential Destiny with start time set more than 2 (two) years from Inability Ascertainment, eMemory charges User (or Users, jointly and severally) indicated in the Confidential Destiny with € 50 for each following year; if the sum is not paid within 30 (thirty) days following the course of 2 (two) years, eMemory proceeds immediately to the execution of Confidential Destiny.
Notification and Ascertainment of User’s Inability
- The User may at any time, through the interfaces provided by eMemory in the Reserved Area, to provide the Notification of the Inability of another User.
- eMemory, once received the Notification, provides the direct contact with the User to all the addresses reported in the Reserved Area.
- In the absence of answers considered (at its sole discretion) appropriate, eMemory declares the positive Inability Ascertainment and performs User’s decision about the Destiny of the Content within 30 (thirty) days.
- eMemory can communicate the positive Inability Ascertainment to the User who submitted the Notification.
- If User is inactive on the Reserved Area for more than 6 (six) months, eMemory performs the User's decision on the Destiny of the Contents from the sixth month following the completion of the activities referred to in paragraph 2 of this Article.
Changing of the Terms And Conditions and/or Services
- eMemory communicates to the User and to the Visitors to the Site the modification and/or addition and/or removal of the Contract, and/or the Price, through Publication on the Site, within 30 (thirty) days after the modification and/or addition and/or removal.
- The changes also apply to already concluded contracts, notwithstanding User’s right to withdraw in accordance to article 16;
Guarantee and Responsibility Limitations
- eMemory provides no representations of any kind with respect to the Site or the Content.
eMemory does not guarantee that:
- the Site and/or the Services are accessible from any geographical area and/or at any time;
- the User’s Connection Modalities are perfectly compatible with the Site, and/or functionalities and/or the Services;
- the Content are always available and/or can be loaded on the Site at any time;
- any Content can be correctly displayed on the Platform;
- the Site and/or the Services correspond to the needs and/or User’s expectations;
- the Site and/or the services are totally free from errors and/or Anomalies, and that they can always be solved;
eMemory is not responsible for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, or losses of any kind (profits, contracts) that the User and/or Third Parties may suffer (by way of example) to:
- unforeseeable circumstances or force majeure (eg. catastrophic events, fires, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, riots, insurrections, strikes, etc.);
- malicious and/or negligent act, or an act otherwise not in accordance with the Contract;
- Third Parties’ acts and/or behaviours;
- any legal or factual situation connected and/or subsequent to the Inability Ascertainment, or to the Inability itself;
- errors and/or omissions in the User’s decision on the Destiny of Contents;
- intervention and/or decision of any authority (administrative, judicial, etc.) as opposed to the User’s decision about the Destiny of Contents or, more generally, as opposed to the rights and powers granted to the User under the Contract;
- errors and/or omissions in the Notification of an Inability;
- Revocation and/or Suspension of Registration and/or of Account;
- form and/or substance and/or interpretation of the sent and/or received Contents;
- form and/or substance and/or interpretation of external sites’ content in any way linked from the Site;
- gfailure to the network and/or to eMemory server (or in use to eMemory) due to unforeseeable circumstances, force majeure or Third Parties’ act;
- failures and/or malfunctions of User’s hardware and/or software, equipment, systems and/or systems, of any kind, necessary and/or useful for the operation of one or more components of the Site;
- total and/or partial failure and/or unavailability and/or configuration modification of the Services provided by Third Parties and made available through one or more of the Services and/or part of those and/or functionality of the Site;
- failure and/or incorrect use of one or more Services in the event of failure of the User to observe his obligations under the Contract;
- failure by the User verification of the results of the processing of one or more of the Services and/or any part thereof and/or functionality of the Site;
- failure and/or delayed support the User outside Service Level Agreements;
- loss and/or damaging of Contents;
- any kind of unauthorised access to the Site;
- delays, disruptions, interruptions, defects and/or malfunctions of one or more of the Services, total and/or partial, temporary and/or permanent, resulting from any other cause not attributable to eMemory;
- suspension and/or interruption of the Internet connection by the ISP;
- use of one or more of the Services and/or any part thereof and/or functionality of the Site which is not in accordance with this Contract;
- use or non-use of one or more of the Services and/or any part thereof and/or functionality of the Site;
- infringement of anyone’s Rights on the Contents;
- violations of the Data Protection Code and/or further legislation applicable to personal data protection.
- eMemory is not responsible even when it has been informed by anyone of any violation.
- Notwithstanding the above and subject to the extent required by law, the responsibility of eMemory is in any case limited to a maximum amount corresponding to the annual fee paid by the User.
Service Level Agreements
- The Taking Charge of the Reports takes place in the manner and at the times that may be subjected to Publication in the internal pages of the Site.
- The Times of Taking Charge shall run from the start time of the Service from time to time indicated, or the first working hour, if the Report is opened at night or on a holiday.
eMemory guarantees the Taking Charge of the Reports exclusively according to the following schedule:
- CRITICAL: Anomaly does not allow the use of one or more Services to all of the Users. Taking Charge within 2 hours.
- HIGH: Anomaly involves partial functionality and/or part of the Users and/or reduced performance of one or more Services. Taking Charge within 4 hours.
- MEDIUM: Anomaly involves limited impact on the functionality of one or more Services but does not affect their use; corrective actions are required. Taking Charge within 8 hours.
- LOW: there are no Anomalies, but planning is required to optimize one or more Services. Taking Charge within 24 hours.
- Time of Taking Charge does not run from an Incomplete or Incorrect Report.
Ending of the Agreement
User can terminate the Contract:
- in case of use of only free Services, at any time, providing for the closure of his account in the manner indicated in the Reserved Area;
- if a Consumer, in case of use of one or more paid Services, within 14 (fourteen) days from the Stipulation, without penalty and entitled to be refunded of the Price eventually paid;
- if eMemory modifies, adds, or removes the provisions of the Agreement within 10 (ten) days from the Publication on the Site of the T&C and/or the modified Attachments,without the right to a refund of any Price paid;
- if eMemory is unable or struggling to provide one or more Services, without the right to a refund of any Price paid;
- if eMemory divest the business to others who are providing similar services, without the right to a refund of any Price paid;
- if eMemory ceases his business, without the right to a refund of any Price paid.
- In the cases referred to in subparagraphs c) and d) of the previous point, the withdrawal must be exercised within 30 (thirty) days from the Warning that eMemory will show in the Site; failing that, the Contract is automatically renewed for a period equal to that mentioned in the last Stipulation.
- eMemory may terminate the Contract if User fails to perform its obligations or otherwise violates the provisions of article 7
- The Contract ends on the day of the User’s Inability Ascertainment.
- In any case of cancellation, termination or dissolution of the Contract shall continue to apply, except to the parties objectively incompatible with the cause of termination, the provisions of the following articles: 4, 7, 8, 11, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20.
- User can terminate the Contract:
Any communication between the Parties in the execution of the Contract can be performed, from time to time, by means of:
- Publication on the Site;
- Warning on the Site;
- e-mail, certified e-mail, or registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt, directed to the other Party to the address indicated in the Reserved Area (for the User) or on the Site in Information and Contact Area (for eMemory).
- Any Warning displayed on the Site is intended as understood and accepted when the User displays it on his computer using the procedure which requires the display.
- Any communication between the Parties in the execution of the Contract can be performed, from time to time, by means of:
- The Parties mutually acknowledge that the User is the owner of the personal data in any form disclosed to eMemory purposes of the Services.
- eMemory is committed to providing the information on the processing of personal data pursuant to art. 13 Data Protection Code, and to be designated by the user as being responsible for processing personal data whose knowledge is closely connected with and serving the provision of Services, through a special act of Designation (Annex B), accepted simultaneously to these T&C, as well as do not give up such appointment for the duration of the Contract.
- eMemory agree that their identity be disclosed in the information that the user should eventually provide interested parties, pursuant to art. 13 paragraph 1, letter f) of the Data Protection Code.
Applicable law and competent Court
- The Contract is subject to Italian law and European legislation where directly applicable.
In case of a dispute concerning the interpretation and execution of the Contract,
- if the User is a Consumer, accepts the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Italian courts;
- if the User is not a consumer, he consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Italian courts and exclusive jurisdiction of the Turin Court.
- Language: This Contract has been written in Italian. In case of conflict between any of the translated versions, the Italian version prevails.
- Costs: The eventual registration fees, as well as any other fees or taxes arising from the Stipulation of the Contract or its performance will be borne by the User, unless otherwise provided by mandatory law.
- Tolerance: The fact that eMemory does not require the User to strictly follow the provisions of these T&C at all times and/or does not exercise one or more of the rights sanctioned herein does not imply the forfeiture of such rights or renunciation to exercise them by eMemory.
- Integration: If one or more clauses of these T&C should be or should become contrary to imperative rules of law or of public order, they will not be considered and will not affect the validity of the other clauses of the T&C, without prejudice to the right of each party to ask for these Terms to be amended.
- Reference to the Law: Although not expressly provided in this Contract, will be applicable the general provisions of the Italian Civil Code for contracts contained in Title II, Book IV, art. 1321 art. including art. 1469.
Annex A - Services
The features of the Services available to the User from eMemory are described hereinafter. Some terms used herein are defined in the Terms and Conditions, to which we refer./p>
- eMemory provides the User a space, that is directly managed by the Company, where the Contents are saved and organized, with encryption (in the "journey" server side).
- eMemory saves User’s Data in a database, which is not made available to anyone.
- When eMemory performs the decision “Private Destiny”, it erases the contents permanently without retain copies of any type and amplitude (total, partial, temporary, permanent) on any physical or logical support.
- Depending on the Subscription, different sizes are available, divided into “normal space” and “cold storage” at a reduced cost; detailed information are available on the Site.
- Detailed informations are available on the Site.
- Inside your house on eMemory, the Trunk is a place to post large amounts of data even not well organized. This is data that usually you do not have access to multiple locations and you just know you safe, available when needed. I you want to download them, it will be necessary to wait a few hours, as happens when you catch something in an old trunk in the attic. The advantage is that digital Trunk has a low cost and consumes few natural resources. You can then download the data from the Trunk, select and edit your documents and reload, reducing the space used for the daily management of just what needs to be quickly accessible, reducing waste.
- Inside your house on eMemory, the Safe is a place to post your valuable data. The Safe is protected with even more sophisticated encryption mechanisms than those used for other data on the platform, as well as authentication "two-factor" that will send a secret code to your phone to make sure it is just you to request access. This allows you for example to calmly protect bank accounts, and “sensitive” information in general.
- Depending on the Subscription, different and increasing size of the Safe are available; detailed information are available on the site.
- Chat Support is available from 9am to 6pm (CET) Monday to Friday, by using the app available on the Site. You can ask for support if you need help while loading of Contents, suggestions on the Third Party Services , information on some questions of the web, and more.
- Phone Support is available from 9am to 6pm (CET) Monday to Friday, by using the app available on the Site. You can ask for support if you need help while loading of Contents, suggestions on the Third Party Services, information on some questions of the web, and more.
- Remote Support is available from 9am to 6pm (CET) Monday to Friday, by using the app available on the Site. You can ask for support if you need help while loading of Contents, suggestions on the Third Party Services, information on some questions of the web, and more
- A paid Service is available for mass uploading of Content and/or organization in the Archive.
- The projects collect individual and collective memories about people, products, stories, places and more. They are often led by institutions and companies, from above. With eMemory you can also promote instead projects from the bottom left to each individual the right to choose and manage their own personal memories. With eMemory, depending on your Subscription, you will have the opportunity to propose for the selection or select (depending on your Subscription) with other Users these “Remembrance Projects”. Health workers, migrant workers, teachers and writers have turned to us for the first ideas.
- “Ant” subscribers can propose Remembrance Projects; “Dolphin” and “Elephant” subscribers can proposeand select Remembrance Projects;
Physical membership plaque
- If you purchase any annual Subscription we will send home a plaque of rigid cardboard indicating your participation in eMemory. This is to bear witness to your participation in our initiative and, when needed, of the fact that you left will precise and clear about the fate of your digital assets.
- Terms and delivery times are shown on the Site.
Physical Data Delivery
- Some people are not completely at ease to put their information on an online service. So we want to meet them while maintaining the benefits that a web platform offering with the peace of mind that it gives to have on hand all their digital assets. If you want a copy of your data, annually or on request, contact us and we will send it to the most appropriate physical media (pen drive, hard disk, SSD, etc.), at a fair price.
- However, we always recommend, also for your own peace of mind, not to preserve your data only on eMemory, but to have copies of physical media to be replaced periodically on the basis of the development that technology offers; any additional copies should be stored in different places, and distant from each other.
Third Parties Service
Three categories of Services are offered through third parties:
- Digitalization and printing: or example, images on paper, manuscripts, typed, etc; negatives of photographs, transparencies, video and audio in any format (VHS, cassette, vinyl); scan professional-quality objects. eMemory not only scans, but offers a (paid) service to load on the site and context, enriching the content.
- Professional advice: professionals who place alongside the User in choosing and uploading content to be transferred on the platform, and help him in terms much material as "emotional"; professionals to help the User to deepen some problems (who can estimate the value of the property, who can draw family trees and histories, people - lawyers, notaries, psychologists - can assist the User in the management of the most sensitive and complex issues).
- Digital Education and Games: online (and offline) Education Services about a responsible use of the Web, according to the principles taken from the visible poster on eMemory Site. Educational games for all ages and for multigenerational groups, such as the classic game “memory” played with tiles built with user-uploaded content on eMemory platform.
- eMemory becomes liable to the User, in the terms of a separate agreement, for the execution of the Services referred to in paragraph 10.1 point a).
- The various types of Third Party Services and Third Parties vendors are constantly updated and are made available throughthe https://www.ememory.it/it/pages/thirdparty_services page, along with any detailed information.
- Three categories of Services are offered through third parties:
Special T&C Negotiation
- When the User is a body or organization may be interested in special arrangements with eMemory.
- eMemory is available to negotiate these agreements; the terms and modalities are to be agreed.
- Any detailed information about it is available on Site.
Option to become a shareholder
- We want eMemory to be independent, therefore we encourage a dispersed ownership among many shareholders. At the base of the eMemory philosophy there is the possibility for users of the platform to own a stake, so that they can feel really participate in its growth, evolution and construction. If you are interested in this opportunity please contact us.
- Any detailed information about it are provided directly from eMemory by personal contact.
- “Ant”: comprende i servizi di cui al numero 1.
- “Squirrel”: it includes the Services listed in numbers 1, 2, 3 e 4.
- “Dolphin”: it includes the Services listed in numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 e 5.
- “Elephant”: it includes all Services listed above.
- The purchase of physical participation plaque (8), the physical delivery of data (9) and Third Party Services (10) is possible regardless of the Subscription Formula.
- E-VIRDIS s.r.l. (corporate data referred in header, hereinafter called the “Company”) is the controller of your personal data.
- You may find helpful to read the “Data Protection and Privacy Glossary” on the “Garante per la Protezione dei Dati Personali”’s website (Italian DPA) at http://www.garanteprivacy.it/web/guest/home_en/data-protection-and-privacy-glossary.
Personal Data processed by the Company
We process the following data:
- Registration Data - when you perform the Registration to the Site, we acquire your Data;
- Profile Data - when you add or modify Data in your Profile, we acquire your Data; when you use the Services, some personal information can be viewed by other Users too.
- Navigation Data - the information systems and software procedures relied upon to operate the Website acquire personal data as part of their standard functioning; the transmission of such data is an inherent feature of Internet communication protocols. Such information is not collected in order to relate it to identified data subjects, however it might allow user identification per se after being processed and matched with data held by third parties. This data category includes IP addresses and/or the domain names of the computers used by any user connecting with this web site, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the requested resources, the time of such requests, the method used for submitting a given request to the server, returned file size, a numerical code relating to server response status (successfully performed, error, etc.), and other parameters related to the user's operating system and computer environment. These data are only used to extract anonymous statistical information on website use as well as to check its functioning; they are erased immediately after being processed. The data might be used to establish liability in case computer crimes are committed against the website; except for this circumstance, any data on web contacts is currently retained for no longer than seven days.
- Communications - when you send email or other communication we record the communication itself.
- We process the following data:
Why the Company processes Personal Data
Your data will be processed in order to:
- allow you to use the Services;
- comply with legal obligations and / or comply with orders from public authorities, including the judicial authorities.
- We can also process your data, but as an aggregate and anonymous, to process analysis aimed at determining the level of satisfaction of our customers and to compile statistics.
If you provide your explicit consent, we’ll process your Data also to:
- inform you about our services and on available news;
- send you commercial information about our partners.
- Your data will be processed in order to:
The Way the Company use your Personal Data
Your personal data will be:
- collected electronically;
- recorded in digital form on our server availability;
- protected from risk of destruction, modification, deletion and unauthorized access with efficient security measures of physical, logical and organizational;
- further treated, also using hard copy, to the extent and in the time strictly necessary to perform the above mentioned tasks.
- Your personal data will be:
When the Company Discloses or Disseminates Personal Data
We will also:
- communicate and disseminate your information, but only in a collective and anonymous form, to disclose information about the Site;
- communicate your data to third parties who work with us and shall treat phases of the processes necessary for the proper performance of our activities, exclusively for the purposes specified above;
- communicate your data to third parties to comply with legal obligations or to comply with orders from public authorities, including the judicial authorities.
- The Company does not disclose your personally identifiable information to other companies for their commercial use without your express consent.
Effects of the Communication of Personal Data
- If you don’t accept to communicate to us Navigation and Registration Data, we won’t be able to provide you the Services, in all or in part.
- If you don’t accept to communicate other Data, we may not be able to provide you certain Services and/or Services’ functionalities.
Right to access Personal Data and Other Rights
We remind you that section 7 of the Italian Data Protection Code, provides as follows:
“Section 7 (Right to Access Personal Data and Other Rights)
- A data subject shall have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him exist, regardless of their being already recorded, and communication of such data in intelligible form.
- A data subject shall have the right to be informed a) of the source of the personal data; b) of the purposes and methods of the processing; c) of the logic applied to the processing, if the latter is carried out with the help of electronic means; d) data processors personal details of the holder, data processors and the representative designated as per section 5, sub-paragraph 2; e) of the entities or categories of entity to whom or which the personal data may be communicated and who or which may get to know said data in their capacity as designated representative(s) in the State’s territory, data processor(s) or person(s) in charge of the processing.
- A data subject shall have the right to obtain a) updating, rectification or, where interested therein, integration of the data; b) erasure, anonymization or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which they have been collected or subsequently processed; c) certification to the effect that the operations as per letters a) and b) have been notified, as also related to their contents, to the entities to whom or which the data were communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort compared with the right that is to be protected.
- A data subject shall have the right to object, in whole or in part, a) on legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, even though they are relevant to the purpose of the collection; b) to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, where it is carried out for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or else for the performance of market or commercial communication surveys.”.
- We remind you that section 7 of the Italian Data Protection Code, provides as follows:
Data Processor Designation Agreement
Data Processor Appointment
- You, acknowledged and agreed to be the Data Controller of personal data you submit to the Company while using the Services, appoints the Company, pursuant to art. 29 of the Italian Data Protection Code, "Data Processor" of personal data limited to the strictly functional and processing operations connected to the provision of Services and thus provide access to the Company only to the data and information necessary for this purpose.
- The User guarantees that the processing of personal data, including sensitive and judicial, whose treatment by the Company is connected with the provision of Services for its part, will comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Code, and is therefore committed to indemnify and hold harmless the Company for any damage suffered as a result of violations of the Data Protection Code, about which he is exclusively responsible.
- The Company declares to own the experience requirement, capability and reliability required by art. 29 paragraph 2 of the Data Protection Code.
- The User entrusts to the Company performing all processing operations aimed for the provision of the Services.
- Data processing should be aimed exclusively to the provision of Services, which imply the carrying out of functions closely related and/or instrumental to User’s activity.
- The Company commits not to disclose or disseminate personal data, unless in accordance with a written permission from the User.
Data Processor Commitments
- Apart from the relevant provisions of the T&C, the Company undertakes to keep the personal data transmitted for the provision of the Services at the Heroku.com servers in Ireland (EU), on servers owned by Amazon Web Services Inc., 410 Terry Ave North, Seattle WA 98109-5210 US. Any variation of these places will be communicated to the User in writing and with a notice of at least 15 (fifteen) days, in order to enable the User to notify the variations to the Data Protection Authority if required.
- The Company undertakes to carry out the processing of personal data in compliance with the Data Protection Code and subsequent amendments and/or additions; being understood that if the data collection is not carried out directly by the Company, it has no obligation to update data requirements pursuant art. 11 c) of the Data Protection Code. In particular, the Company agrees to designate in writing, pursuant to art. 30 of the Data Protection Code, the Persons Tasked with Processing, providing adequate instructions and supervising their activities.
- The Company undertakes to take all appropriate safety precautions to reduce the risk of destruction or loss, even accidental, of personal data, unauthorized access, treatment not allowed or not in accordance with the aforementioned purposes.
The Company undertakes to give effect, as Data Processor, in the terms set out in the specific provisions of the Data Protection Authority in terms of system administrator duties, if applicable, the requirements of the Authority relating to:
- the evaluation of subjective characteristics of the persons designated by the Company as a system administrator, stating that they must have experience characteristics, capacity and reliability, and to provide sufficient guarantees regarding compliance with the applicable provisions on data processing, including the security profile, and that the designation must be individual and include the analytical indication of the areas of operation permitted under the authorization profile assigned;
- the recording in an internal document, to be kept updated and available in case of inspections by the Authority, the identity of the natural persons system administrators, with the list of functions assigned to them;
- the verification, at least annually, the work of system administrators, so that it is checked for compliance with organizational measures, technical and security regarding the processing of personal data required by laws;
- to access logging, with the adoption of systems suitable for the recording of the logical access (computer authentication) to processing systems and the electronic files by the system administrators. The recordings (access log) must have characteristics of completeness, durability and possibility of verification of their integrity adequate to achieve the purpose for which they are requested. The records should include references to time and description of the event that generated and must be retained for a reasonable period of not less than six months.
Relationships with the Data Protection Authority
- The Company is committed to providing the broadest cooperation with regard to any notifications that the user must do the Data Protection Authority pursuant to art. 37 of the Data Protection Code, to communicate all the elements that must be indicated in the same and to inform in written form, with a notice of at least 15 (fifteen) days the User of all modifications which involve the need to proceed with the prior notification to Authority for the protection of personal data of new treatments or changes in treatments, in accordance with art. 38 Data Protection Code.
- The Company will promptly notify in writing the Data Controller of each issue, relevant to the application of the Data Protection Code, which may arise in the performance of his duties.
- In case of receipt of requests, orders or checks by the Data Protection Authority, the Company undertakes to give immediate notice to the User, who - in the event that he wanted to oppose it - will have to do it directly, and immediately communication to the Company.
- In failure of opposition by the User, the Company is committed to working with the User to comply promptly with requests, orders and controls that should reach from the Data Protection Authority.
Data Subject's Rights
- In case of requests pursuant to art. 7 of the Data Protection Code, the Company undertakes to give immediate notice to the User, who will directly to fulfill the requests of the Data Subject.
- If the requests referred to in the previous paragraph are related to personal data processed in execution of the Service, the Company will provide support o respond to Data Subjects.
- The Company also agrees to provide all appropriate and timely cooperation to the User regarding the information that the Data Controller must provide to anyone who requests, pursuant to art. 38, paragraph 6 of the Data Protection Code.
Authorization to make us of Third Parties
- In accordance with the provisions of the Contract, the Company will use Third Parties to the purpose of granting the necessary for the provision of Services (in all or in part).
The Company makes use of the following Third Parties:
Termination of Data Processing by the Company
- In the event of termination, for whatever reason, of the Contract, the Company will return to the User and/or cancel, at User’s choice, all personal information, without keeping a copy, except if necessary to fulfil an obligation required by law, regulation or by UE legislation.
- At the end of the Contract or in the event of its dissolution, for whatever reason, the Company will lapse automatically by the designation as “Data Processor”. The User himself, if needed, shall provide any subsequent notifications to the Data Protection Authority.
Communication between “Data Controller” and “Data Processor”
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Code and, more generally, the protection of privacy legislation of Individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, all communication between the User and the Company must be submitted at the addresses indicated in the Contract.